Servo Unit question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Servo Unit question
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 20:17:57 -0700
Okay, I admit... I'm a "Closet TR6 owner" <G> The truth be told I've snuck in
here from time to time to ask for some assistance... I have a TVR that use's
the TR6 drive train and Servo.

Since I put the car on the road after a full ground up (
http:\\members.shaw.ca\pleask ) I have this annoying "Something is
rattling/loose" feel on the brake pedal (and clutch) when I apply the brakes
very softly from say 20 MPH down to zero. I have searched hi and low, ck'd all
the suspention stuff, steering, hood etc and it is all tight. Having never
driven the car before the restoration I do not know the history of this servo,
I bet that helps hu ! The brakes work great ! Solid as anything..... When I
apply the hand brake only no noise or feel of anything loose at all.

After burning around in the car tonight I have come to the conclustion
(thought) that this "rattling/loose" feeling is coming from the servo unit.
Knowing next to nothing about Servo's I was hoping one of you could shed some
light on this subject for me ?

Thanks, Pat