Re: Restoration paint job

To: pjgraffam@juno.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Restoration paint job
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:58:19 EST
Al,
I have gone thru four paint jobs on four different Triumphs.  That is if you
ignore the fact that my TR250 was painted three times before it was
acceptable.  I have learned that you basically get what you pay for. The two
that were done professionally for big bucks are still good 10 years later.
The two that were done on a budget by casual painters including the TR250
need to be done again 8 years later.
Just my experience,
Darrell Floyd
63 TR3B  Too Much Bond under that Powder Blue
68 TR250  Royal Blue is a Tuff color to Paint
76 Spitfire 1500 Carmine Red painted with Allegheny Airlines Maroon
71 TR6 Laurel is close to Army Racing Green
66 BSA 441 Victor Special Painted Black by Me.