Re: Restoration paint job

To: pjgraffam@juno.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Restoration paint job
From: Trsx69@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:53:22 EST
Al,
Of course your not saying what else needs to be done, body work, rust,
welding???  You can't look at the price as just for the paint.  Is it a lot,
well I'm not you.  If it was my car and I couldn't do it myself, I'd get the
best job I could, so it wouldn't need to be done again sometime in the
future.    I think most of us are not thinking about selling the cars, anyone
with that mindset is NOT going anywhere near 7500 for a restoration, thos
epeople want the 750 job.  As far as driving it goes, well why the hell not,
people spend 90,000 on a Mercedes, or Lexus for their daily transportation,
not that I know any of them, but they do.  Do you think they care about stone
chips and the like, hell they don't even drive that good.  Anyway, my point
is if you enjoy the TR then why not make it last.  My 69 was done completly
in 95, I spent in excess of 20,000 just in parts, it's been driven to Canada,
Texas, North Carolina, Chicago, Oklahoma and every place inbetween and it
runs and looks just as good as it did in 95 when I finished the job.
Good Luck
Jim Holewka
6-Pack Chief Judge