Re: Oil filter adapter leak

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil filter adapter leak
From: Walt Boeninger <walt_boeninger@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:03:41 -0800
That reminds me of the first few times I changed the
filter in our TR-6 back in the 70s  I was so paranoid about
leaks and screwing up the o-ring, or not being able to
get it out......I left the old o-ring in.... until it finally
leaked and I was forced to learn that it wasn't all
that hard to *replace* it.......

YeOldEd@aol.com wrote:

> Many thanks to the (numerous) members who stopped laughing long enough to
> respond to my plea for help about my leaking spin-on filter adapter.
> Following the oft-repeated advice, I set out to really go after debris or
> whatever in the O-ring seat. To do this, I wound up removing the fuel pump
> and a few other parts that might get in the way. Sure enough, after a while I
> scraped out some junk that seemed to be old paint. Then I found a bottle with
> a message in it telling how to stop oil leaks from the oil filter. After a
> while I was satisfied I had a clean groove, but I gave it one more try to be
> sure, and out popped (you've guessed already) ANOTHER O-RING. That seat is
> pretty deep!
> Don't you all love when you're right?
> Thanks a bunch, everyone.

 ------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
mailto:walt_boeninger@hp.com          99 C5 Hdtp   | 02 Mustang GT