Re: Pre Fabbed Transmission Mount

To: "David Mahlmeister" <dmahlmeister@peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Pre Fabbed Transmission Mount
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 08:56:59 -0500
Todd and David,

If you guys can get the mounts from a late car cut out and sent to you,
installing is easy with a  MIG welder. I found my attach points by
bolting the late mounts to the tranny, then marking the location on the
frame. Since there is adjustment at the motor mounts and the tranny
mount, super precision is not required. If either of you are anywhere
near me in Ohio, I'd be willing to help you with my MIG some weekend.

There is also amount devised by a previous tech advisor to the Six-Pack.
I personally thing it's a bit clunky in design, but it's an option. I
can send a scan of the instructions to you if you are interested, but
since this was part of a 'book' I won't put it on the 'net.

Jim