Re: B&B clutch

To: <jay_welch@juno.com>
Subject: Re: B&B clutch
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:57:41 -0400
Jay,

Checked your reference doc and found the link to Brent Kiser's note at
http://clubs.hemmings.com/mntriumphs/   He says the stiffer Borg & Beck
pressure plate is number HE5132Q sold by TRF as part number 214321.   That
is the pressure plate measured and reported on the Buckeye Triumph website
as requiring essentially the same force as an old Laycock pressure plate.
(Brent felt that the new B&B required about twice the force of the Laycock
to release.)   I have yet another new HE5132Q that I'll measure in the
future to see if it is much different.    Will also poll the local club to
see if anyone has a Luk or Sachs pressure plate that we can measure for
comparison.

Nelson