Re: speakers

To: RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: speakers
From: "James A. Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:56:19 -0400
Hi all,

I never installed the transmission tunnel speakers, but was thinking
of doing it in addition to the rear shelf mounted speakers i have. just
to add a little more sound up front when the top is down. but maybe
they will sound like crap.

i built a box recently for the rear deck. I have two 6 1/2 inch woofers.
a little more than i need, but i like good sound. unfortunately, space on
the rear deck is limited now, so i might try something else, but i would
hate to cut my nice new door panels! so i was thinking of the stock solution
like you.

to get to the advice part:
at good audio stores you can buy foam speaker backing enclosures.
i had some for a door mounted pair in a car long ago. it really
made a difference, because i would hear the metal reverberate otherwise.
maybe you can find some from crutchfield or a local store. the ones
i had were for 5 1/2 " speakers though. i am sure they make smaller
ones.
they simply install right behind the speaker.

let me (us?) know what you come up with.

-james