RE: speakers

To: <RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: speakers
From: "John Korsak" <jkorsak@heath-bloxom.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:31:32 -0500
I had the same problem.  I tried replacing the speakers with new ones, but
being limited to 4" speakers does not give you the richest robust sound.  I
solved the problem by installing box type speaker system (Roadmaster, Wal
Mart, $19.95) on the rear deck behind the seats.  This unit even has a
handle on the top that allows you to take the speakers with when parked in a
less than secure area.  It has two 8" midrange speakers  and two tweeters.
I realize that this is not "Original Equipment", but it sure sounds great
cruising down the highway with my top down.