Re: Trailing Arm Bushings

To: "John Zimmerman" <JohnZimmerman@vandorndemag.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trailing Arm Bushings
From: "Chris N. Shively" <b_cshively@cox-internet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:41:05 -0600
John,
I hope that anti-seize compound is OK because that is what I used on my '69.
Mine were two piece and I also used a c-clamp.  After about a half season of
driving, everything is still working good.  The only critical thing to
remember is that the final round of nut tightening must be with the car on
the ground.  If you do it in the air, then the bushings would be in a
stressed condition when the car is at rest.
Chris