RE: 8 Spoke alloy wheels

To: Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu
Subject: RE: 8 Spoke alloy wheels
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 23:52:57
Jim:

Thanks for your input.  Yes.  The wheels are 15 X 5.5.  So, therein lies
part of my concern.  I like the vintage look of the original steel wheels
with Michelin Redlines (narrower tires), but want something lighter in
weight.  Since I'll be buying new tires I'll be looking at the vintage vs.
new "look".  I also have converted to tube shocks in the rear so clearance
is a concern.  (I know that this topic has been discussed at length so I'll
save my research for the 6Pack archives, ie; high priced reproduction tires
or less costly but new style tires, etc.

The other part is the lack of product knowledge, as you also state.

Now, perhaps another topic is how to budget all these projects when you're
sorting out a relatively new (less than a year ago) TR6 purchase that won't
be a complete restoration project.  Thanks to all.
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6
CC30689L

  Walt:

The scariest part of your message is the fact that the folks at Victoria