Odometer; radio

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Odometer; radio
From: "John and Janet Monette" <jmonette@together.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 14:57:30 -0500
I recently purchased a 75 TR6, never having owned a LBC before.  Generally, it
runs well and there have been no major problems.

I have two questions and have not found any information to date.

1.    The odometer stopped about 6 weeks after purchase (and about 600 miles
after I picked up the car).  The speedo works fine.  My mechanic pulled the
unit and determined that a gear in the odometer mechanism lost a couple of
teeth.  Where can replacement parts be obtained?  There is nothing in the Moss
or Victoria Brit catalogs and the Bentley manual doesn't illustrate the
workings of the unit.  Are there reputable companies who rebuild the units?
If so, in what time frame (not that spring is around the corner here) and at
what kind of cost?

2.    The period appropriate radio is dead and not repairable.  The speakers
are also shot.  What might be a good source for a suitable basic AM-FM radio
and speakers that will fit without much jury rigging and will work without
overloading the electrical system?  I'm not necessarily locked in to the
requirement of being period appropriate or concours competition compatible, as
I bought the car primarily to use rather than show.

Thanks for your help.

John Monette
CF 37652 U
Vermont