Re: Frame Off Restoratio Question TR-6

To: DSmithTR6@aol.com, 6 pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Frame Off Restoratio Question TR-6
From: Dale Morgan <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:40:15 -0800 (PST)
  Doug

  It sounds like you have another frame to put your
body on.  If that is the case then cross brace the
interior using the bolt holes in the floor and the A
and B pillars.  Make the bracing attach to points that
will keep the body aligned even if you cut out the
floor or the rocker panels.  Don't cut them both out
at the same time, this gives yourself a guide to work
with.

  I is a lot easier, in my opinion, to have the body
off and on a platform to repair these areas.  You can,
with the help of a friend or two, turn the body that
is easier for you to weld.

  Once all the bolts are removed take a floor jack and
raise the body at different points from the frame.
Mine had a good seal from the rubber parts that buffer
the body and the frame.  Depending on what all you
removed, either four of your friends or an engine lift
should be able to get the body off.

  The body can come off with out removing the engine.
You will need to at least remove the carbs and maybe
the studs in the manifold.  The radiator is a must
because it is easily damaged.

  Dale