Running Rich

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Running Rich
From: TomRJade@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 23:10:21 EDT
Hey guy's, Can someone help me with this dilemma.
Here are the statistic's
I am running HS-6 carbs on my 74 with a crane XR-3000 ign. and a PS 40 coil.
I have about 350 miles since rebuild.  The engine when warmed up runs
perfectly between 1000 to 3500 rpm under normal acceleration.
Symptoms:
The cylinders have a tendency to load up when I stop a light or sit idle for
more then 2 minutes after the car has warmed up.
My plugs are black, all of them.
When under hard acceleration, occasionally the engine seems to misfire up
above 3500 rpm's.  It feel's like the spark delivery isn't there or the
cylinders have loaded up then suddenly it clears up.
Question:
Is it missing? Or is it a fuel problem? What can I do to check either?
And is it to soon during the break in period to start fooling around with the
float heights to help cure the running rich problem.
Will the color tune tool help?
Anyone? Anyone?
TXR -74