Re: Tire sizes and makes

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire sizes and makes
From: edwin.mcguirk@db.com
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:24:30 -0400

My personal opinion is that the 205/50 15 is the best tire size for a 7
inch wide rim. The 225 would go better on an 8 inch wide rim. They will
work either way but best autocrossing wants wider rims. I like the BFG's,
the Kumho's aren't bad, Hoosiers are very good but they handle a little
differently, and the Toyo's will last a long time but they aren't quite as
sticky. I don't know about Yokohama's but they used to be very good, kind
of like the Toyo's.

The 205's will work well for a TR6 on autocrosses but they are awfully
short for street driving and the 225's are barely half an inch taller.

Ed McGuirk
76 TR6
86 Rx7
88 MR2 Supercharged