[TR] TR 3 gas cap

Randy and Valerie DeRuiter deruiterville at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:34:09 MDT 2026


Allan-

As long as you are sure you don't have the earlier threaded cap on the car now my guess is your cap is still stuck to the interconnect hose between the cap and tank.  Do you have the hose clamps loosened fully?  I would try twisting the cap until you see movement then try to pull out.  There should be a rubber grommet installed which should protect the paint.

Randy
________________________________
From: Triumphs <triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net> on behalf of Allan Stults <acstults at hushmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2026 1:46 PM
To: triumphs at autox.team.net <triumphs at autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR 3 gas cap

I've got a '62 TR 3B that I had painted over last winter.  The chrome gas cap was looking pretty pathetic next to the new paint.  I bought a new one from Moss, but am not sure how to get the old one out without messing up the new paint.  The new one is not threaded.  The old one is also not threaded.  Late TR 3As thru TR 3Bs use one described as:   GAS CAP, w/integral extension<https://mossmotors.com/834-840-gas-cap-w-integral-extension>.  It slides in and out, but not easily.  I cannot make my old one move.  Has anyone on the list had any experience with replacing that cap?

Allan Stults
Veneta, Oregon
'62 TR 3B
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/triumphs/attachments/20260930/654829ea/attachment.htm>


More information about the Triumphs mailing list