<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<style type="text/css" style="display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir="ltr">
<div class="elementToProof" style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Allan-</div>
<div class="elementToProof" style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div class="elementToProof" style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
As long as you are sure you don't have the earlier threaded cap on the car now my guess is your cap is still stuck to the interconnect hose between the cap and tank.  Do you have the hose clamps loosened fully?  I would try twisting the cap until you see movement
 then try to pull out.  There should be a rubber grommet installed which should protect the paint.</div>
<div class="elementToProof" style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div class="elementToProof" style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Randy</div>
<div id="appendonsend"></div>
<hr style="display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex="-1">
<div id="divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr"><font face="Calibri, sans-serif" style="font-size:11pt" color="#000000"><b>From:</b> Triumphs <triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net> on behalf of Allan Stults <acstults@hushmail.com><br>
<b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, September 30, 2026 1:46 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net><br>
<b>Subject:</b> [TR] TR 3 gas cap</font>
<div> </div>
</div>
<div><span style="font-family:Arial; font-size:14px; line-height:150%">
<div>I've got a '62 TR 3B that I had painted over last winter.  The chrome gas cap was looking pretty pathetic next to the new paint.  I bought a new one from Moss, but am not sure how to get the old one out without messing up the new paint.  The new one is
 not threaded.  The old one is also not threaded.  Late TR 3As thru TR 3Bs use one described as:  <a href="https://mossmotors.com/834-840-gas-cap-w-integral-extension" originalsrc="https://mossmotors.com/834-840-gas-cap-w-integral-extension"> GAS CAP, w/integral
 extension</a>.  It slides in and out, but not easily.  I cannot make my old one move.  Has anyone on the list had any experience with replacing that cap?</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Allan Stults</div>
<div>Veneta, Oregon</div>
<div>'62 TR 3B</div>
</span></div>
</body>
</html>