[TR] working on control head for horn and turn indicator, 1957 TR3

David Griffiths daveg at online.no
Tue May 18 15:41:21 MDT 2021

Hello all,

I need to repair a faulty horn/turn indicator on an early 1957 TR3 and I have not done this before. Looking at the Bentley manual on p 244, there is a section 4 on removal of the control head from the steering wheel, in which you disconnect the horn and flasher wires, loosen the gland nut on the stator tube, slacken 3 grub screws and withdraw the control head and stator tube form the steering column. This is a regular steering unit, not the telescopic one.

Is this the correct section to use for this job, and is there anything diabolical I need to watch out for?

Very grateful for any tips or hints,

Thanks,
Dave Griffiths