[TR] would any of you re-use head studs?

bill beecher notakitcar at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 12:17:35 MST 2021

I have re-used TR3 head studs. One failure that shot the stud into the bonnet with enough force to create a 1/2” dimple.
Bill

#dontkillgrandma

On Mar 9, 2021, at 1:06 PM, Cliff Hansen <cliff_hansen at outlook.com> wrote:

I respect your collective advice and experience. The 4A’s head is at the machinist for a cleanup (head gasket failure). Would any of you re-use the head studs, or would you replace them? They are likely original, and even if not, have been in place for at least 25 years. I have my thoughts on this, but am interested in yours.

Thanks,

Cliff

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

** triumphs at autox.team.net **