[TR] eBay

Greg Lemon grglmn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 10:53:36 MST 2021

Over time ebay seems to have changed from an online marketplace where
collectors and hobbyists could exchange things on a national and even
international market,to a place whose policies encourage listing 1000
steering wheel covers (Fits TR4!) as well as dealers to list things for
3-4x market price over and over again in hopes of striking gold.

Fees have gone up from 2.5-3.5% when they started to nearly 15% now, I
guess because they can.  Can't imagine their costs have gone up that much
since it is all automated.

Hard for me to understand why they are getting away from PayPal (an eBay
company) since they milked even more juice out of the deal with that.

I used to by and sell on eBay all the time.  Now I occasionally buy, and
very rarely sell, maybe once or twice a year.

Greg Lemon
TR250