[TR] Headlight round Connection

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Feb 12 05:52:41 MST 2021

 It never ends😊
 So true, so true.
BTW, the sealed beam halogens I've seen don't use any more power than stock headlights, they just put out more light.  They do a pretty good job and are quite reasonable in price.  At one point I bought a pair of cheap headlights with separate bulbs (not a name brand like Cibe or Hella) and the performance was poor.  I even fit 100W bulbs.  I replaced those with hardware store sealed beam halogens with the stock 40/45W filaments and the difference was remarkable.  Why?  The reflector is a critical part of the light projection system and that is just what a headlight is, a light projector.  It projects the light in a particular pattern to optimize visibility.  Just throwing out a bunch of light at random doesn't necessarily put it where you want it and will blind on-coming traffic.
But you won't NEED to upgrade the alternator if you go with sealed beam halogen headlights but if you WANT to upgrade, have at it.
Enjoy

Dave