[TR] differentials used on Triumphs

John Macartney John.Macartney at Ukpips.org.uk
Mon Feb 1 12:36:49 MST 2021

The diffs on Stag, TR and the big six Triumph saloon all had a splash of different coloured paint on them. Not in any particular place on the housing and the colours and colour combos told the production workers the model and whether manual, manual/overdrive or automatic gearbox. I’ve got the colour codes somewhere for the Big Six saloon but not TR or Stag. They all looked the same but there were some detail differences that meant they weren’t necessarily interchangeable as complete units across different models.

Jonmac

Vote for Guy Fawkes! The only man who entered Parliament with honest intentions.