[TR] Question?

David B Hammond dbh97530 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 08:44:44 MDT 2021

Steve

I think the capacity is about 6 quarts

I think WIX filters rate well

Dave in Oregon

From: Triumphs [mailto:triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Steve Thornton
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2021 7:31 PM
To: TR List; John Swauger; Darell Floyd
Subject: [TR] Question?

 I return.

After a long hibernation, I am back in the British car world. I bought a 1956 Morgan, that sports a TR4 motor. Hopefully, that makes me somewhat TR worthy.

I am doing some routine maintenance and need your help.

1. How many quarts of oil does a TR4 motor hold?

2. I installed the spin on filter adaptor. What is the best filter most people use? I bought the TRF version, but it seems there is a better version as I recall.

3. Is the oil weight used still 20-50, with the zinc additive from TRF?

Sent from my iPhone

Steven O. Thornton

Attorney at Law

Thornton Law Office