[TR] locking brake TR3

jpaynepbr at cox.net jpaynepbr at cox.net
Tue Apr 27 16:30:11 MDT 2021

Frank,

I’d start with the hose, old ones can flex internally and collapse.

Alternatively, your M. Cylinder may have failed and may not be allowing the return of fluid on release,  I had this happen on a TR6 with one of those recalled TRW master cylinders about 10 years ago.

Ma

On cars with an adjustable length master cylinder rod, the rod can be too long, preventing the return of fluid – had this happen on Jag XK’s.  Getting the rod adjusted perfectly was a PITA.