[TR] No spark TR3

Jim Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 13:24:57 MDT 2021

List,
Thank you all for your recommendations.  I got my spare parts and tools together and started with replacing the rotor.  It was new but the riveted type and I know those are problematic.  Put my spare red rotor in and voila, a fine running 59 TR3A.  I spent more time getting my spares together than the time it took to switch the rotor.  How do they still sell Lucas logo black riveted rotors.  Should be a law against those.  So appreciative of everyone’s help.
Attached pic of the happy owner with his new car. It came from a Morgan dealer in Illinois.  They sold it on consignment.  Stated that is was restored about 13 years ago.  After inspecting, I concur, it was done by someone who knows Triumphs.  Lots of correct details and parts.
Cheers,
Jim Henningsen
Ocala fl