[TR] Embarrassing, but, stuck driver's door on GT6

Michael Porter mdporter at dfn.com
Fri Sep 4 20:00:04 MDT 2020

On 9/4/2020 7:51 PM, John Innis wrote:
> First, try unlocking the door with the key from outside.

It's unlocked

>   If the inside lock rod is broken, this will get you going.  If that
> does not work, I think you can get the inside panel off with door
> closed?  If so you can see if the local and latch rods are acting on
> the latch.

The rods are working, for the interior door pull and the lock mechanism.

>   If the rods are working the body may have sagged.  THis happens on
> the Spits but I am not aware of it on GT6's.  On the off chance that
> is what is happening, you could try jacking up the body on the drivers
> side and see if that frees up the door.

I don't see a noticeable change in the door edge to rear quarter seam,
but, this does make me wonder if the car is twisted slightly since the
left rear tire is down a lot--almost flat.

Thanks.  Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....