[TR] Installing Moss headlight relay kit in a 74 TR6

Dan Cronin adcronin at mi.rr.com
Tue Oct 27 15:53:20 MDT 2020

Any chance you could provide a “Link”?

On Oct 27, 2020, at 3:25 PM, keithstewart at bell.net wrote:

I did this to Chris’ TR6 using AAW’s relay kit. I have written an article on the installation for our club magazine and am happy to provide it to anyone interested. Just email off list. While for a slightly different configuration (the AAW kit), the main concepts are the same.

The direct answer to your question, from that article, is:

“The U/R and U/W wires (one each) run from the dimmer switch to a double snap connector sleeve near the lower front valance on the driver side. There are two similarly colour coded wires running from each double connector, one to each side, left and right. You can remove the wire coming from the dimmer switch and place the included single snap connector sleeve on this wire. The other two wires and the double connector can be removed. You can store these wires, connectors, and headlamp connectors in the event you ever want to revert to the original wiring. [CONCEPT: When the headlamp switch is turned on, power will be provided to the low beam (U/R) relay or to the high beam (U/W) relay depending on the position of the dimmer switch.]”

I am happy to share more details in that article.

Keith Stewartkeithstewart at bell.net <mailto:keithstewart at bell.net>

 Hi all,

I recently purchased a headlight relay kit from Moss and am having trouble finding the end points of where to plug it into the existing harness. The instructions are somewhat clear but I cannot seem to find the "plugin points" for the high beams/low beams. If anyone has installed one and has insights I would greatly appreciate any feedback, as I am definitely wiring challenged.

Thank you,
 Robert Rudolphi
74 TR6