[TR] rear pinion seal replacement early TR4

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 08:08:53 MST 2020

I've done them but not sure exactly which pinion seal you are referring
to... the one on the diff or the one on the tailshaft of the gearbox.

The former is pretty well documented, I used a Harbor Freight seal puller
to pop it out, marked (paint pen) and counted to get the nut back on in the
same position as before.

The one on the gearbox is less well documented.  I removed the tunnel and
undid the driveshaft of course, then went under the car, pushed the
driveshaft to one side (or did I remove it completely?) and got at the
pinion nut with an impact wrench and a loooong extension.  The rest was
just pull out and tap in.

Geo

Geo