[TR] Thanks Dan Masters!

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Mon Nov 23 08:12:32 MST 2020

Dan Masters was as good a person as he was an electrical engineer (for TVA). When he and Fred Thomas came to my house for a get together before VTR2001 I was so awestruck by these two legends of Triumph World that I took a picture of the oil spot patterns their cars left in my drive way. Dan’s TR6 and Fred’s TR3. Both immaculate cars but being TRs they leaked something somewhere just like ours.

One of my favorite passages from Dan’s book is where he says a voltmeter could fall off the car and the battery would never know it, classic. I’ve used that book (he autographed it for me) many many times and just not for Triumphs.

Bud

> On Nov 23, 2020, at 6:48 AM, Jim Henningsen <trguy75 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Amen to that!  I have used it extensively as I upgrade my TR6.  Love the electric fuel pump inertia switch and warning buzzer wiring diagram for that upgrade!  Best repair book for my 6 I have ever used.  Dan should be in the Triumph Hall of Fame for writing it!
> Jim Henningsen
> Ocala, FL
> 61 3A
> 62 4
> 67 4A
> 75 6
> 81 8

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)