[TR] Flat Towing a TR6

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Nov 22 19:39:07 MST 2020

 I dunno but I have a theory that having an overdrive is better.  Flat towing a car with a non-OD transmission is BAD because the mainshaft spins but the gears do not and the layshaft is not distributing the oil as it normally does.

On a transmission equipped with overdrive the planetary gearset is spinning flinging oil which will find its way to all the other moving parts.
Of course this is just theory.  I've never tried it.  I did tow a non-OD TR6 once.  I had the rebuild the transmission within the year.

Dave