[TR] Sad Triumph (owner) story

aribert neumann aribertn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 21:32:23 MST 2020

I was getting out of my Spit bodied GT6 in a parking lot earlier this week
and someone that was about to get into their car stepped over for a quick
discussion.  He also had a Triumph.  He typically takes it out *once* a
year for a cruise event.  He said his car is "nice looking" and he wants to
keep it that way.  Now my car is in need of a repaint - I painted it about
28 yrs ago and the finish has faded to dull/matte.   But, I like to drive
my car, just rolled 100,000 miles (I reset the odometer when I rebodied it
in the early '90s, had 126K+ miles (broken speedo cable) when I bought it
in '89).  Driving a car for one day per year seems like a waste of
ownership.