[TR] Castrol Red Rubber Grease

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Mar 26 17:36:31 MDT 2020

My understanding is that the red grease is only for use outside the areas
that touch brake fluid.  But you probably could use it, as long as you clean
it off thoroughly (brake cleaner solvent) before putting the parts into
service.

If you're planning on using DOT 5 silicone in the system, then I'd just coat
the parts with DOT 5.  Store where dirt and dust can't get attracted, then
clean before installation anyway.

The other alternative is to just leave them dry.  Don't make the mistake I
did (a long time ago) and try to use conventional brake fluid.  That stuff
actually promotes corrosion, rather than protecting from it!

AFAIK, should be able to use the same thing on the clutch components; on a
Triumph anyway.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild