[TR] TR4 switch

dave dave at ranteer.com
Sun Mar 22 14:09:38 MDT 2020

For those interested, here's a shot of the internals of the digital VR:
https://www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr4/P1020419.JPG

I actually have a replacement unit on there now installed after this picture
was taken.  Its identical to the one that came on the car when I bought it.

As it turned out, I removed the VR because it was in the way of getting to
the wires.  I noticed that it was pretty loose.

Some testing and directly grounding the VR to the negative terminal of the
battery while it was off and I was getting 12 volts to the switch.

VR is bolted SECURELY back on, complete with ground and the engine is
starting right up and purring right along.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this discussion and helped and
encouraged me to work through it.  Its been an interesting, and maybe fun,
experience.

Off and driving!!!!!