[TR] Rear Seal Installation on TR4/4A/5/250 Hardtop

keithstewart at bell.net keithstewart at bell.net
Tue Jul 28 14:06:40 MDT 2020

Thanks John. Is yours original or was it installed the same way it came off an original car? My car has only 36 000 miles and was purchased from the original owner. Although I have removed the fuzzy seal (red) and the door opening seals so it does not look as neat as your shot, the rear seal, you can see the surrey top frame installed in this first picture. There is no interference between the seal and the frame for the surrey top. The second picture shows the detail at the end of the seal. The amount of compression of the seal and the low mileage would suggest it has always been this way. Once the rubber seal and fuzzy seal are installed, I am not sure it would look any stranger than the rubber seal and fuzzy seal around the door openings.

Thanks for your install info and for the excellent photos.

Keith