[TR] TR4. Brake squeak/howl

j t jat1127 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 10 14:55:56 MDT 2020

Hello listers,

If this were my car I would take a grinder/file all the way around each pad and get some angle to the edge. Noise still present? I would do to the top edge of the rotor and cut it back a bit, both sides, ALL the way around. I would drive the car if the noise is still present remove the rotor and consider spraying a really thin coat of paint on it towards it’s center. Carefully drive the car. The brake pad should remove the paint in a clear manner. Any strange marks? If so polish/sand as needed.

I think it is likely the issue will be found ON the rotor.

Please be careful !!!

Cheers
John
John Taylor
133 Barton Rd
Greenfield Ma 01301 USA
413 478 3960

Web:   JohnTaylor.photos

Flickr:   JohnTaylor

Life is not a race….. you do not want to finish first