[TR] TUMBLER

Joel E. Justin j_bar_j at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 31 15:59:33 MST 2020

I use the HF 5 lb tumbler with their green rust cutting resin. I use a timer with it and run it for about 2 hours (in the garage with the door closed - it's noisy!). I actually just bought (on eBay) a second tumbler bowl so I can put a polishing media in it to get shinier hardware. And before I use the tumbler, I the HF 2.4L Ultrasonic cleaner with a 50/50 blend of Simple Green and water. I let the mixture heat up and run it for 2-3 cycles of 8 minutes each. That effortlessly gets rid of all the grease and grime.

I like to use the original bolts and nuts where possible. They are usually very good quality. I never reuse lock washers or nyloc nuts.

https://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-63256.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/5-lb-metal-vibrator-tumbler-67617.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/520-lb-rust-cutting-resin-abrasive-tumbler-media-63672.html

Joel...