[TR] Clear/Amber Fog

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Wed Jan 29 08:34:02 MST 2020

TeriAnn,
Thank you for the comprehensive coverage on your web page.  Just one question, where will you mount that small switch panel?

Bill
TS30800L

“Cactus Jack drinks coffee black......” M.Murphy

On 1/28/20 10:15 PM, Don Hiscock wrote:
> You’re probably seeimg an amber fog and a white spot light, Bill.  The combination of one light of each type was not uncommon in Britain back then as a way of having both options to the driver.  Not seen or at least rare in the US in period, as far as I know.
When the weather warms up a bit That is the combination I have ready to install on my TR3. Of course you need a switch for each because you would normally run either the fog or driving lamp. If you had jst fog or driving lights you would only need a single switch. The amber fog lights were required in France because they cut through the fog better and less annoying reflected off droplets of water. They were also optional in different countries.

> TerriAnn has stsrted a page on this subject within her TR3A website.

http://www.tr3a.info/Lucas_aux_lights.htm

I will be using the Lucas PS-7 switch panel shown at the bottom of the web page.

TeriAnn

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html