[TR] be glad you have a triumph

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 09:38:03 MST 2020

On 1/5/20 7:04 PM, dave at ranteer.com wrote:
> we just picked up an 88 jeep wrangler from an owner who only had the
> car a short time.  she bought it from the original owner and never
> even transferred the title.
>
> she's not mechanical at all but loves off road stuff and lives waaaaay
> out in the country.
>
> on an 88 wrangler the clutch slave cylinder is INSIDE the bell
> housing.  someone came by to supposedly fix it, tore it all apart, and
> never came back.  so she sold it as is, pretty cheap.  no rust, no
> damage, 6 cylinder engine (just like a TR6!).

Makes me glad I also have a Land Rover which has a proper Gurling/Lucas
slave cylinder outside the bellhousing. Those front shackles look pretty
anemic. Like they just might bend when driving off camber. If it were
me, once it was running I'd have a Jeep specialty shop look at them to
see if they would hold up in real off road life. They are not something
you would want to bend or snap out in the middle of nowhere.

TeriAnn
1960 TR3A owned since 1986
1960 Land Rover owned sine 1978