[TR] [6pack] TR250/TR6 fuel pumps

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Sun Jan 5 14:58:04 MST 2020

We go on a drive (400 - 600 miles) every year with a bunch of MGs,
which come electric pumps, and Triumphs. Most, if not all, MGs carry a
spare electric pump that they can put in line quickly if one fails.  It
hasn't happened in the last few years, but for quite a while it was
normal for for at least one electric pump to go out on the drive.  There
has never been a mechanical pump failure that I recall.

I think, we have replaced the mechanical pump in my Spitfire and my
wife's TR250 once each in over 30 years of owning both of them.
Although, I did have to repair the one on the TR250, by staking the
valve in place.

I am happy with the mechanical ones.

Roger