[TR] Experience with Vitesse 5-speed transmission conversion?

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Thu Jan 2 16:59:15 MST 2020

Ah that makes sense that top gear would be Overdrive. I was hoping for a higher OD ratio.

The stock OD is 22% (I.e. 0.78). Slightly better than 0.81 if you have the torque for it.  My TR4A has a nice torque-y engine and I am pretty sure it would be quite happy at 0.75 and maybe even a lower ratio than that.  So, for $4K I think, personally,  I would have my tranny rebuilt and retrofitted with the electric OD

-Tony

Sent from my 1837 Babbage Analytical Engine