[TR] What a rush !

andrew uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Sun Feb 23 14:49:45 MST 2020

Today hit 50F in Michigan and so I took the TR5 out for an inaugural drive.
I started off timidly, since the engine had just been rebuilt and I always
worry I may have done something wrong.  But after 10 or so miles caution was
thrown to the wind and I let those 6 fuel-injected cylinders do their thing.
And they did - just amazing!

I am a huge fan of the 4-cylinder Triumphs (I have five of them, after all),
but this was sheer hedonism.

And, of course, the thumbs up of the people who obviously thought I was
totally mad in a convertible in 50 degrees and the kids with their noses
pressed against the windows..

Apart from my beautiful wife and maybe Irish whiskey, driving these cars
must be one of life's greatest pleasures.

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, Michigan