[TR] Craigslist

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Feb 10 16:24:10 MST 2020

> All true, Bob. But they are from California's Central Valley,
> so body shells likely better than most.

Funny, I didn't see any place it said where the "barn" was located.  The
cars are in CA now, but that doesn't mean the "barn" wasn't in the rust
belt.

Yes, I see the black plate, and know what it means.  I've also seen CA black
plate TR3s in Minnesota and Indiana.  Left the one in MN, it was too badly
rusted for my meager abilities.  But I bought the one in Indiana, it had
some major rust issues even back in 1976.  Also mechanical issues, seems the
previous owner never bothered to even change the oil.  He apparently drove
it until it wouldn't run any more, then abandoned it in his Mom's backyard.

I'm not complaining, the price was right and I had a lot of fun with it.
But "California car" don't mean squat.

-- Randall in California