[TR] Top Bows on early TRs

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sat Feb 1 23:10:59 MST 2020

Bob,
I have had six TR3s, never seen a spring on mine or any others.

The TR bow setup is very similar to your Morgan, which by the way I need bows for my +4.

Bill
TS30800L
1954 Morgan Plus 4

“Cactus Jack drinks coffee black......” M.Murphy

> On Feb 1, 2020, at 10:57 PM, Bob Nogueira <nogera at hotmail.com> wrote:

I don’t have a Triumph , or at least a whole Triumph being a Morgan owner, so forgive the lack of knowledge.
Many years ago I saw a early TR while had a spring loaded first bow for the top.  You would fasten the top to the car with only the rear bows in place the compress the first bow, put it in its place and release it so it tightened up the top .
Was this standard on all TRs?
I never see a TR with the top up so haven’t been able to check at shows.
Thanks for any responses .
Bob Nogueira
** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html