[TR] New TR6 top

keithstewart at bell.net keithstewart at bell.net
Sun Dec 27 11:57:35 MST 2020

My wife’s 74.5 TR6 came with a Robbins Sunfast/Stayfast top and it looks beautiful. It has been on the car for around 10 years now and there is no fading. The photo below was taken about eight years after installation. The top looks like a brand new one. I have since bought boot covers and tonneaus in the same material. The TR6 has a roll bar so after purchasing a tonneau, it had to be cut, hemmed, and supplemented to allow fitment around the roll bar. The top shop pulled out the fabric they use for Mercedes or Porsche tops and it was an exact match to the Robbins top/tonneau fabric. If you go with the fabric top, I suggest you get some RaggTopp cleaner and protectant. Since the car is stored for the winter, each spring when it gets its first wash, I use the cleaner with a soft bristle brush to clean it. When the fabric is dry, I spray on the protectant and give it two or three coats allowing drying team in between coats. For the rest o the season, the regular car wash is all it takes to keep the top/tonneau/boot cover clean.

Keith Stewart

keithstewart at bell.net