[TR] tenax vs lift-a-dot

bill beecher notakitcar at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 19:00:25 MDT 2020

I have never had problems with the LTD snaps around the cab or Tenax on the windscreen.  You might consider the trunbuckle/twistlock style.

Bill

#dontkillgrandma

On Aug 29, 2020, at 7:52 PM, aribert neumann <aribertn at gmail.com> wrote:

I have a question concerning the retention capability of either system.  I have had a chronic issue retaining the soft top at the base of the lock pillar (B pillar) on my Spit bodied GT6.  After dealing with the non retention of the snap at this location for the past 25+ years, I'm ready to fix the issue.  I have replaced both halves of the stock snap several times with no improvement.  Discounting originality (since neither system is correct for my car, and there is already a whole lot of non stock with respect to my car), which retention system Tenax (pull head away from surface to release,  https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.3AtTYQy0GXTf-EP8MyoN2AAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1 ) or Lift-a-Dot (rotate retainer away from surface to release,  https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Zu5yJ5eSoEK-5l8H6OJGYgHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1 ) do you prefer - and why?   TIA, off in digest mode.
** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html