[TR] tenax vs lift-a-dot

aribert neumann aribertn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 18:50:21 MDT 2020

I have a question concerning the retention capability of either system.  I
have had a chronic issue retaining the soft top at the base of the lock
pillar (B pillar) on my Spit bodied GT6.  After dealing with the non
retention of the snap at this location for the past 25+ years, I'm ready to
fix the issue.  I have replaced both halves of the stock snap several times
with no improvement.  Discounting originality (since neither system is
correct for my car, and there is already a whole lot of non stock with
respect to my car), which retention system Tenax (pull head away from
surface to release,
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.3AtTYQy0GXTf-EP8MyoN2AAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1
) or Lift-a-Dot (rotate retainer away from surface to release,
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Zu5yJ5eSoEK-5l8H6OJGYgHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1
) do you prefer - and why?   TIA, off in digest mode.