[TR] Missing Randall Young in more ways than one

Michael Marr mmarr at albiontechnical.com
Wed Aug 12 09:02:03 MDT 2020

What Andrew said...

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 12, 2020, at 08:59, andrew uprichard <auprichard at uprichard.net> wrote:

Every morning I browse various TR websites and chat pages.  One trend I have noticed is various individuals who like to show how much they supposedly know by demeaning or ridiculing those of us who maybe don’t know everything there is to know.  Goodness knows how many dumb questions I have asked over the years.

It made me think (again) about Randall.  If anyone had the credentials to be arrogant or condescending, he did.  He knew more about these cars than most of us collectively ever will.  Yet he was always kind and sincere.  Some of you may remember the individual a few years ago who was trying to restore a TR3 and asked the most fundamental of questions:  Randall was consistently patient and helpful while I am sure some of us rolled our eyes.

Maybe people are trying to assume Randall’s mantle as the TR guru.  Well, it isn’t going to happen, people.

Please let me be clear – this list has always seemed to me a friendly and intimate place (with just a few exceptions).  I have seen less traffic recently and I sincerely hope it continues for as long as we work on our beloved cars.  Mark does a great job and if I haven’t thanked him enough, I apologize.  Mark – remind us again how to contribute.

Andrew Uprichard
Jackson, Michigan
** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.team.net_donate.html&d=DwICAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=HL4LAX-jeuoWNeqz1u1ryqDHfrhQ38xO3ECYGpjCniQ&m=AaG1hbLrxslBq0jGjh9BG_8L8tGFWvQvECJhnuqJOqw&s=zxT9to3UdWmQZiA4YDssAbwVimGjH4O7L6Cg7RaX-HM&e=
Archive: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.team.net_pipermail_triumphs&d=DwICAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=HL4LAX-jeuoWNeqz1u1ryqDHfrhQ38xO3ECYGpjCniQ&m=AaG1hbLrxslBq0jGjh9BG_8L8tGFWvQvECJhnuqJOqw&s=d3Ra-N_ZRoAq0AZbNTmXRS3IMzcWbn798-n1Yl1QndA&e=  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.team.net_archive&d=DwICAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=HL4LAX-jeuoWNeqz1u1ryqDHfrhQ38xO3ECYGpjCniQ&m=AaG1hbLrxslBq0jGjh9BG_8L8tGFWvQvECJhnuqJOqw&s=ikDjI-KRikA8fwYVPxmiqaJ0x2t12Gd_kCs2YJIRetM&e=

Unsubscribe/Manage: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__autox.team.net_mailman_options_triumphs_mmarr-40albiontechnical.com&d=DwICAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=HL4LAX-jeuoWNeqz1u1ryqDHfrhQ38xO3ECYGpjCniQ&m=AaG1hbLrxslBq0jGjh9BG_8L8tGFWvQvECJhnuqJOqw&s=58v-U22jaYLmiFTTbKoHVzEg5GSOE3mVGIMGAcpXgbI&e=