[TR] Purolator filter sequence?

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Apr 24 10:44:43 MDT 2020

As I recall (it's been a lot of years), I propped the head of the bolt
against the base of the bench vise and used a long rod of some sort to hold
the spring compressed, then a tool like
https://is.gd/cChG1i
to snap the clip into place.

I don't understand your comment about the hole being much bigger.  ISTR I
put mine together just as shown in the diagram, with the rubber washer under
the head of the long bolt.  Not a tight fit through the cupped washer, but
the rubber washer helps fill the gap.

If you think yours is leaking between the big cupped washer and the main
housing, you might want to epoxy them back together.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild