[TR] TR6 Master cylinder alternatives

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Fri Apr 17 10:26:35 MDT 2020

I did the Toyota caliper and larger rear wheel cylinder conversion on my TR6 long ago and over the years have developed what I call the “Triumph Tap” method of braking. I give a little tap on the brake pedal before fully apply the brakes, which gave me a less travel on the pedal. It got to be such a habit that I had to learn to stop doing it when driving the race car because it’s a detriment when heel/toe braking.

Most of the pedal travel seemed to be in “waking up” the caliper pistons as they tended to spread a bit from some flex in the whole wheel/caliper/rotor system. It was more apparent when auto crossing as that system got flexed a lot more than normal driving. I got used to it and never bothered with a larger brake MC.

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)