[TR] TR4 valve cover

Bob Westerdale bwesterdale53 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 11:52:58 MDT 2020

 That filter is a good idea if you're planning on using the road tube to evacuate the crankcase and allow a stream offresh ( now filtered) air into the engine's internals.   While it may be an appealing approach ( ie scavenging all the blow-by out the tube, and replenishing the air)   I can only report that lightly 'sealing' the oil filler so that little or no vapors go in or out( I added a rubber insert to the original breather cap)  and just allowing the blow-by to exit the engine on it's own ( with some slight suction from the road tube) has been quite successful, no stink, no oil vapors and no oil burning or leakage ( beyond normal)I do regret that my blow-by is not handled in a 100% environmentally responsible manner,  ( ie.  routing it back into the manifold)but when I see the kid with the 300 hp RiceBurner up the street smoking his tires to destruction, I'm not so sure my casual drivingis much of an offense....thanksBob