[TR] Removing my head

Keith Stewart keithstewart at bell.net
Mon Sep 2 14:22:01 MDT 2019

Does this help?

Keith Stewart

keithstewart at bell.net

From: Tom Walling <pdqtr6 at comcast.net>
Sent: September 1, 2019 6:50 PM
To: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul1 at gmail.com>; Triumph list Team.net <triumphs at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Removing my head

You can't secure the liners until you get the head off. Then the manual shows large washers sitting on the liners with tubes to get the nuts up to the threads of the head studs. I would think stout fender washers and some steel tubing would do the trick. You're trying to keep the liners from moving (thus breaking the seal of the "figure-eight" gaskets). This looks like a quick trip to your local hardware store and a few minutes measuring the non-treaded part of the studs and you've got it!